Monday, January 07, 2008

Spanish GED

Regardless of whether you are preparing to take your GED tests in English or Spanish, it seems like the two most difficult tests are math and writing. Of the two, math still seems to win out. Why is that? If you have an answers or suggestions, please comment on this post.

I was at my workplace this morning preparing for next week when my students come back when a Spanish speaking student came to see me. The student is taking his tests in Spanish and is just now beginning to prepare for the math test. They have elected to use the Steck Vaughn Spanish GED Math book. One nice thing about Steck Vaughn is that if you match up the English and Spanish GED books (those that take a look at one GED test at a time), for the most part they follow each other.

That way when my Spanish speaking student comes in with a question and their Steck Vaughn book, I can grab my English version and help them.

Not always a sure thing, but if you are helping someone with limited English and you have limited or no Spanish, it is better than nothing.

If you would like the ISBN numbers of the books I am referencing, please send me an email at ghughes@learningtrends.com I would be happy to forward them to you.

No comments: