Monday, August 27, 2007
A great math dictionary to use for preparing for the GED test is Usborne Illustrated Math Dictionary. It is a great bargain and less than $15.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
These five tests measure the knowledge found in those areas. The GED tests are timed tests that can vary from 65 minutes to 2 hours.
Depending on where you are located, you may need to take the entire battery of GED tests in one or two sittings. Other places will allow you to test one test at a time.
It is important that you contact your local official GED Testing Center to find out the specific GED requirements for your location.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
If you find your self out of time, but still have unanswered questions, do NOT leave any of the answers blank. Quickly fill in an answer, any answer. At least you will have a chance of picking the right one.
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
A great deal for only $5!
Taking the GED Mathematics test can be very stressful if you do not properly prepare.
In my 10+ years of teaching GED prep, I have learned that many GED candidates do not have the math skills required to feel confident to take the math test.
And confidence is the KEY! For some individuals, a quick brush up is all that they need, while others may require direct instruction or tutoring to get the GED math help they require.
A good math GED workbook is also always a must!
There are 50 skills that are necessary to know in order to pass the GED Mathematics test. 31 are listed below. They are:
* Make estimates
* Arrange decimals
* Order of operations
* Solve problems using decimals (+, -, x, ÷)
* +, -, x, ÷ decimals
* Compare fractions, decimals, and percents
* Calculate percent
* Solve problems using fractions (+, -, x, ÷)
* Understand rate
* Understand angle relationships
* Evaluate and solve formulas
* +, -, x, ÷ whole numbers
* Write equations to solve word problems
* Interpret bar graphs
* Simplify fractions
* Work with algebraic equations
* Understand ratio and proportion
* Calculate Slope of a Line
* Understand discount and sales tax
* Interpret circle graphs
* Understand units of measurement
* Change units of measurement
* Solve for area, perimeter, and volume
* Calculate simple interest
* Understand Pythagorean relationship
* Write algebraic expressions
* Identify patterns
* Identify points on a linear equation
* Understand multiple line graphs
* Use two sources of data
McGraw Hill has put ALL 50 GED Skills into one book.
Top 50 Math Skills for GED Success
Click here to learn more