I just got back from a GED meeting where we were discussing ways to learn new vocabulary. We talked about one way.... were you ask a series of questions about the word. Here is how it works.
Let's say you are studying the word "percent". You may ask questions such as the following.
1. Have you ever seen this word?
2. Do you know how to pronounce the word?
3. Can you find a smaller word inside the larger word?
4. Do you know what it means?
5. Can you use it in a sentence?
All of a sudden you now have a whole conversation based on one word. I plan on trying this tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes.
If you decide to try it.......... send me a comment and tell me how it went! Good luck!